College is meant to be more than just learning from books. A great way for SDSU and USD students to enhance their college experience is to get out in the world and learn outside the classroom. Many students do so by earning college credit while learning watersports in semester-long classes held at MBAC. Many students wait until after the semester starts to add the units but we encourage you to add the class prior to the start of the semester, during the normal registration process, and save time once the hectic school year begins.
To make things even easier, you will now be able to complete your MBAC registration and pay the fee for the class online with the new MBAC online registration system at www.mbaquaticcenter.com. You will still need to add the unit with the campus systems on Webportal, for SDSU, or MySanDiego, for USD.
Follow the simple steps below to get enrolled and set yourself up for an amazing collegiate experience.
- Choose a class or classes you would like to attend this semester at www.mbaquaticcenter.com/college_credit_classes.htm. Record the section number of the class you would like to attend.
- Register for the unit on Webportal using the section number. If the semester has already begun you will need an add code which you can pick up at the MBAC tent either on Campanile Walk or in front of the Aztec Recreation Center, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call us at (858) 488-1000 for an add code.
- Pay the class fee online at www.mbaquaticcenter.com/college_credit_classes.htm, or in person at MBAC prior to the 3rd class session.
- Attend the first class session on campus in the AMC in front of the Aztec Recreation Center.
- Be sure to attend all class sessions and complete the midterm and final to ensure a good grade in the class.
While it is not required that you take the class for credit, please note: YOU WILL NOT GET CREDIT IF YOU DO NOT ENROLL AT EITHER WEBPORTAL OR MYSANDIEGO IN ADDITION TO ENROLLING AT MBAC. PLEASE BE SURE TO REGISTER THE UNIT IN ADDITION TO PAYING YOUR FEE AT MBAC!
- Select one of the qualifying classes listed at http://www.mbaquaticcenter.com/ens/usd_info.php. Most students choose to take one of the semester-long classes but any 4 session or longer class will qualify for the half unit.
- Add the unit on MySanDiego. Search for the units in the EDRC section.
- Choose a section to attend using links in the qualifying class list then use the enroll link to pay the fee.
- Be sure to add a qualifying class prior to midterm grades coming out! Attend the class prior to the end of the semester.
- For more information you can also attend the EDRC watersports class orientation on the USD campus in Maher Hall 205 from 1pm-2pm on September 5th.
If you have any questions please call us at (858) 488-1000 or attend the orientations on campus.
Labels: College Credit Classes, ENS Classes, University Credit Classes